WHEN SO MUCH OF OUR IDENTITIES AND DAILY LIVES REVOLVES AROUND OUR RELIGIOUS PRACTICE AND BELIEFS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO FIND A THERAPIST WHO NOT ONLY RESPECTS AND VALUES YOUR BACKGROUND BUT WHO UNDERSTANDS WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM AND WHO SHARES YOUR OUTLOOK AND VALUES.
As an Orthodox Jewish psychologist I am able to understand the nuances and idiosyncrasies of Jewish community and practice without needing to play the role of judge, religious mentor or rabbi. My training and experience enables me to help individuals discuss private and personal matters that may not feel safe or comfortable to speak about with a family member, teacher or Rabbi. Sometimes just talking openly and honestly about oneself to a trusting and compassionate other, can in and of itself be emotionally healing.
Call (646) 681-2741 to schedule your appointment.
ARE THE PROBLEMS YOU ARE EXPERIENCING DIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY OR BELIEfs? IF SO I CAN HELP YOU WITH SOME OF THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF CONCERNS:
- Feelings of alienation and loneliness within one's religious community
- Distress around specific religious norms or laws
- Feelings of spiritual conflict or guilt
- Family or relationship conflict around religious values and beliefs
- Obsessions or compulsions around religious practice
- Confusion and Doubt about ones religious belief and practice
- Sensitive Concerns around infertility, dating and singlehood
- Questions about sexual experience, sexual identity, divorce, infidelity or disabilities
- Interfaith relationships